Support Houston Public Radio
Ways to Give
- Become a Donor to KUHF News or Classical 91.7 — Basic Individual Support level starts at $35 per year and includes Houston Public Radio Member Card benefits.
- Join the Studio Society — The mission of Houston Public Media is to serve the people of the greater Houston area with radio, television, and on-line programming that informs, educates, and entertains. We depend on the generous support of individuals, corporations, and foundations to develop and deliver our acclaimed programs, and we have developed a wide range of opportunities to recognize those who support us most generously.
- Memorials and Honors: KUHF News, Classical 91.7 — You can donate a tax free gift to Houston Public Radio in memory or honor of a loved one, friend or colleague. We will notify the family of the deceased or the person you want to honor of your thoughtfulness. Your donation will not generate a Houston Public Radio membership unless you notify us.
- Volunteer — You can help Houston Public Radio in numerous ways by volunteering your time.
- Donate Your Car: KUHF News, Classical 91.7 — Donate your old car to the non-profit vehicle auction and benefit Houston Public Radio while earning yourself a substantial tax deduction.
- Randall's Card — You can make your trip to the grocery store benefit Houston Public Radio if you use a Randall's Card. You just need to tell the customer service desk that you would like for your purchases to benefit Houston Public Radio at account number 3161. Then everytime your Randall's card is scanned, a portion of your purchase will be credited to the radio station.
- Tara Energy — Another new way to support public radio is through Tara Energy. When customers enroll their home with one of Tara Energy’s Save & Care electricity plans, they can select KUHF from a list of organizations and Tara Energy will donate a portion of the customer's electricity bill to us. More information on this program can be found here.
- Matching Gifts — Find out if your employer provides a "matching gift" to contributions you make to Houston Public Radio.
- Stock Donations — A gift of appreciated securities - either publicly traded or from a private company - may provide greater tax advantages than gifts of cash. With a gift of stock, you can deduct the fair market value as a charitable gift and completely avoid capital gains tax on the appreciation. For specific transfer instructions, please ask your advisor to contact UBS Financial Services, office of Rick Figueroa, at (713) 985-3463 or email email@example.com. If you have other questions or need more information please contact Stephanie Carroll, (713) 743-8458, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Ways to Give
- Endowment — Gifts to the KUHF Endowment are dedicated to providing lasting support to Houston Public Radio's operations and programming. The Association for Public Broadcasting has determined that our primary long-term Endowment management objective is to preserve capital while providing an available, stable and constant stream of revenue to help achieve the Station's goal to serve the community.
- Foundation & Government Support — private, family, corporate and community foundations and government entities support Houston Public Radio's community service, programming and outreach initiatives.
Bequests/Wills - Thank you considering a planned gift, or bequests, to Houston Public Media. Thoughtful gifts, like these, play a vital part in the future of our stations. We would appreciate notification of your plan, so we may have the opportunity to thank you and ensure your intentions are carried out properly. For your consideration, below is an example of a Bequest/Will statement. For more information please contact Stephanie at email@example.com or (713) 743-8458.
Sample bequest language
"I give devise, and bequeath (the sum of $____ or a specific asset) or (a percent of the rest, residue and remainder of my residuary estate) to the stations of Houston Public Media which are licensed to the University of Houston (Federal Tax ID no. 74-6001399) and include KUHT/HoustonPBS, KUHF/ News 88.7 and KUHA/Classical 91.7 located at 4343 Elgin, Houston, TX 77204-0008."
- For more information, contact Houston Public Radio Development.