Receive all three of our on-air signals
with an HD-Capable radio receiver.
Your choice of news or music anytime.
- - better quality than traditional FM
- - portable; car receivers available
- - affordable receivers available
Listen anywhere your PC or laptop is
connected to the internet or choose a wi-fi
internet radio, with no computer needed!
- - works anywhere with broadband internet access
- - more channels and on-demand options available
- - wi-fi radios and tuners make it easy to listen to KUHF's live radio Internet channels without using a computer; you must, however, either be in a wireless Internet (wi-fi) zone or be able to plug into a wired Ethernet jack. An Ethernet jack is usually found on the cable/DSL modem, if that is how you get your Internet service at home; or, on the same wall plate where you plug in your computer in many offices.
Why can't I listen online to the same signal
that I hear over the air right now?
You can. KUHF News and KUHF Classical carry the same two signals live that you hear on analog FM/digital HD1 and on digital channel HD2. But online, all the news & information programming is on one stream and all of the fine arts & classical music programming on the other.
To duplicate exactly what you hear on 88.7FM/HD-1, all you have to do is click on your Internet audio stream link four times a day, Monday thru Friday, at 5:00 am for news, 9:00 am for classical, 4:00 pm again for news and 7:00 pm again for classical.......You choose!
However, by leaving your Internet audio link on, for example, KUHF News without clicking away, you will move directly from Morning Edition to Diane Rehm, then Fresh Air with Terry Gross, NPR's Day to Day, Talk of the Nation, the BBC News Hour, and on into All Things Considered at 4:00 pm.
Conversely, if you stay with KUHF Classical you'll enjoy Drive-Time Classics from 5:00 am till 9:00 am, moving directly into Elaine Kennedy, then Exploring Music, followed by Chris Johnson, The Front Row, and once again Drive Time Classics till 6:00 pm, at which time we join Performance Today. We think you should have complete command and choice of this rich programming resource: more of what you love from Public Radio!
tips for listening to internet radio:
-via wi-fi capable internet stream tuner:
Follow your manufacturer's instructions to view Houston stations, then select KUHF. Or, if you are an advanced user, enter the URL behind one of the links you see above.
-via your desktop or laptop computer:
Simply click on any listen link above and your media player should play it.
We recommend iTunes (Windows and Mac), Winamp (Windows), and VLC Player (all platforms).