support houston public radio
ways to give
Become a Donor to KUHF News or Classical 91.7 — Basic Individual Support level starts at $35 per year and includes Houston Public Radio Member Card benefits.
If you would like to mail your donation to us, please use this address:
Houston Public Radio
P.O. Box 4878
Houston, TX 77210-4878
- Join Our Lead Donors — Your generosity is directly linked to the success of our endeavors for the greater good of our community. Beginning at just $84 per month, membership at the leadership level qualifies you for unique benefits, including on-air and website acknowledgement plus exclusive invitations to station events.
- Memorials and Honors: KUHF News, Classical 91.7 — You can donate a tax free gift to Houston Public Radio in memory or honor of a loved one, friend or colleague. We will notify the family of the deceased or the person you want to honor of your thoughtfulness. Your donation will not generate a Houston Public Radio membership unless you notify us.
- Volunteer — You can help Houston Public Radio in numerous ways by volunteering your time.
- Donate Your Car — Donate your old car to the non-profit vehicle auction and benefit Houston Public Radio while earning yourself a substantial tax deduction.
- Randall's Card — You can make your trip to the grocery store benefit Houston Public Radio if you use a Randall's Card. You just need to tell the customer service desk that you would like for your purchases to benefit Houston Public Radio at account number 3161. Then everytime your Randall's card is scanned, a portion of your purchase will be credited to the radio station.
- Tara Energy — Another new way to support public radio is through Tara Energy. When customers enroll their home with one of Tara Energy’s Save & Care electricity plans, they can select KUHF from a list of organizations and Tara Energy will donate a portion of the customer's electricity bill to us. More information on this program can be found here.
- Matching Gifts — Find out if your employer provides a "matching gift" to contributions you make to Houston Public Radio.
- Stock Donations — A gift of appreciated securities - either publicly traded or from a private company - may provide greater tax advantages than gifts of cash. With a gift of stock, you can deduct the fair market value as a charitable gift and completely avoid capital gains tax on the appreciation. It's easy, just print the attached form and follow the instructions.
Other Ways to Give
- Endowment — Gifts to the KUHF Endowment are dedicated to providing lasting support to Houston Public Radio's operations and programming. The Association for Public Broadcasting has determined that our primary long-term Endowment management objective is to preserve capital while providing an available, stable and constant stream of revenue to help achieve the Station's goal to serve the community.
- Foundation & Government Support — private, family, corporate and community foundations and government entities support Houston Public Radio's community service, programming and outreach initiatives.
- For more information, contact Houston Public Radio Development.